A Monitored Flood Detector Notifies You To Water Before It Becomes A Problem
Frozen pipes, cracked windows, backed up sump pumps -- these are common issues that can cause significant water damage within your home. Unfortunately, these are the soggy or damp difficulties that you find after the fact. Even a dripping water line or running toilet can cause extensive destruction if not addressed quickly.
But, when you install a monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can find a leak or excess water before you have an all-out crisis. The wireless detector warns you to early indications of water leaks with an intense, easy-to-hear beeping and a message to your cell phone. Your ADT team will also contact you when your flood sensor triggers.
Why Use A Monitored Flood Detector In ?
Nobody wants to descend your staircase to find that your bottom floor is now a pool of water with your belongings floating on top. Thankfully, a flood detector can recognize water problems before you get thousands of dollars in water damage. Here’s what you should know:
- Advanced sensor is perfect for any room: The state-of-the-art alarm discerns flowing water instead of moisture in the air -- so it's safe to use in areas like bathrooms where damp conditions are present.
- Wireless tech allows for unlimited placement: The small sensors have wireless functionality and a 4-year lithium battery. So, feel free to place them near sump pumps, behind appliances, next to pipes or any location where water damage may occur.
- Stay connected with alerts to your phone: Water problems like burst pipes seem to always happen when you're not at home. When your flood detector senses a water problem, it will send an emergency alert to your mobile device.
- ADT monitoring adds another line of defense: In addition to a high-decibel alarm and phone notifications, your smart device will alert your ADT 24/7 monitoring center. Your monitoring experts will notify you immediately and assist you as needed.
Your Mobile App Makes Your Flood Detector Work As Part of Your Home Automation
Time is of the essence when it comes to water leaks. With the ADT mobile application, you can access home automation systems and make things easier when maintenance reaches your property. Activating your smart home systems is helpful when you’re home, but essential when you’re away from home. With a monitored flood detector you can:
- Get a notification on your mobile device when flowing water is identified.
- Unlock doors remotely and disable security alarms for emergency assistance.
- Raise temperature to halt the freezing of pipes.
- Check HD feeds from security cameras to pinpoint leaks and get an idea of the damage.
- Keep in persistent connection with your monitoring professionals.
Your Home Security System With Flood Detection Is Just a Call Away
Flood detectors and other devices like CO detectors and smoke alarms are all part of a comprehensive security implementation through Protect Your Home. When you reach out to our experts, we’ll help you pick the perfect package to match your property needs. Simply dial today or send in the online form for your free quote.