What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Chicago
You know you must protect your home. After all, it’s the spot where your family lives and is where you keep your valuables. But what is the best kind of home defense? Figuring out if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading choices you need to make. Examine the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Chicago and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection connects to an external monitoring organization that is prepared to act at all times. If an entrypoint sensor triggers or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring professionals are issued a warning instantly. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and send the applicable emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional support. You can consider this alternative as self-monitored, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you must act to remedy the situation. This option is the cheaper solution, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Chicago
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system in place is always smart. If you are not on site, sleeping, or don’t have your phone, your home and its occupants will still be protected.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll reply more quickly to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems may entitle you to a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Better components and flawless integration: By getting hardware, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security specialist, you will gain access to a cohesive system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will find on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous people prefer to have work taken care of by experienced technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation will be acceptable for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Chicago
Here’s a short overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: Some may deem this to be an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an installation fee. Others will wish to use a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You may integrate components when you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you may find assembling into a cohesive system more complex.
- Control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in control of getting support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t see a security warning? This scenario will lead to more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: As you are the single person in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No assistance setting up the system: If you require a helping hand during the installation, you might have to hire a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Chicago
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Chicago from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the right choice for you. Contact (312) 319-8662 today to get started.