What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Chicago?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You put a microphone-type device in close contact to the crib, which transmits an audio feed to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. Fortunately, baby monitors now have more options. To illustrate, some monitors now have clear HD video capability and two-way talk. You can even hook many monitors to Wi-Fi so you are able to move around all over the house. The latest baby monitors in Chicago are so sophisticated that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both functionality and expense.
Should you replace your baby monitor for an integrated surveillance system?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate many of the same features, you will find numerous residents in Chicago linking their baby's room to their overall home defense. So it makes sense -- especially if you’re upgrading to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will include:
● Night vision video: Your monitoring device should have at least 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● 2-way communications: You won’t always have to go into the room to get your child back to a restful state. Your calming voice may be all you need to keep them asleep.
● Sensors and alerts: While it’s an option to have your monitoring device function around the clock to carefully watch your newborn, your attention could start to lag. But if your camera identifies unexpected movements, you can configure it to deliver a notification on your phone. This is helpful when your adventurous newborn silently tries to climb out of the crib or if your curious cat sneaks into the room.
● Save and send recordings: Many baby monitors do not capture the video. Today’s modern devices allow you to transmit a short segment to grandparents to show them what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Smartphone access: As an alternative to carrying a separate device around, you are now able to supervise your little one from your home security app. You might even touch base with your young one and babysitter when you go for a night out.