If you’re similar to most residents, you want your home to be protected all the time. but, do home security systems work in Chicago?
The quick answer: you bet. But, how do you find the most benefits from your alarm system? Not only will the alarms and sensors bring superior security, the advanced devices give a level of convenience and control you may not have thought possible. By using home automation, security cameras, and access through a smartphone app, you will make your time [[easier|simpler] and safer while also saving money on energy bills.
Let's stop for a minute and explore why a home security system is a good idea for your house.
Indispensable Home Security Features
So you can make sure your Chicago home security system works to the best of its ability, you need these indispensable security components:
- Window and door sensors: You might find this weird, but most burglars enter your home right through the front door. The other most common targets are patio or back doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, door and window sensors are deemed the foundation of your home security system. When the system is live and your door or window sensors are disturbed, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will go off and your 24-hour monitoring professionals will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Gone are the confusing code pads, as state-of-the-art touch screens now arm and disarm your system. These hubs will also direct your home automation, cameras, and monitoring.
- phone app: The topmost home security let you control every segment of your house through your security app. Now if a sensor or alarm triggers, you can get a pop-up notification to your mobile device. Also, disarm and arm your alarms anywhere, schedule your smart door locks, arise and lower the thermostat and more.
- ADT yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t tech in a yard sign or a window decal, they do forewarn a would-be burglar that your house is secure.
Can A Home Security System Protect Your House In Chicago?
While it might seem like an overreaction to install alarms and download a phone app when you already have door locks and live in a nice area, studies say that home security systems can still secure your property. For example, a paper from Rutger University says that most intruders will actively avoid homes with a home security system installed. They will then go and target a better house that looks poorly protected.
That backs up with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. They state that most burglarized homes don’t have a security system. In other words, they are 300% more likely to be vandalized than properties that are secured. And while showing that your house have an alarm helps discourage forceful entry, other components -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also help repel an intruder.
Of course, state-of-the-art home security can do more than ring an alarm. Nowadays you have some advanced services that make a home security safer and energy efficient.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup Plan
Does a security system work in Chicago when they don’t have 24/7 monitoring? Using a backup plan is always the winning bet and 24-hour monitoring from trained agents can make sure emergency services get there quickly after a tripped alarm.
Monitoring experts will protect you day or night -- whether you are there or not. If you’re not on site to hear the siren, the monitoring agents contact you and the authorities after a tripped event occurs. Even when you’re home, you can make sure kids and pets are accounted for and safe.
Install Similar Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, CO, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you order your home security, you can get much more than security alarms. devices like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be connected to your complete home defense. If an environmental emergency is found, your devices will trigger just like your home security alarms. Then when the high-decibel siren sounds, your 24-hour monitoring team are notified, and an alert will come to your smartphone.
Or order a panic button, which is effortlessly connected to you or a loved one with a neck pendant, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If you have a fall emergency or a medical risk, they can simply hit a two-finger button to call the monitoring team.
Add Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best smart home devices give you a tier of management and comfort you’ve never seen before. They can make your house more energy-efficient and reactive. And when you connect home automation to your home security system, they can also make your home that much safer. For example:
- Put your smart lighting on a pre-set schedule to make it appear that your house is inhabited when you’re on vacation.
- Have your inside smart lights illuminate when a outdoor camera sees unusual motion.
- Use geofencing to bolt your smart locks, turn off your smart lights, and decrease the thermostat when you leave for your day.
- Program custom scenes so you can pre-program your lighting, temperature, alarms, and other equipment with a single tap of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your devices and set your components through your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through smart devices, and you’ll see how much you can use a state-of-the-art home security in Chicago. You can even manage your components with voice commands when you pair your security system to your favorite smart speaker.
Maintain An Eye On Your Property With Modern Cameras
Security signage and outside lights are great home invasion obstructions, but video surveillance will take your defense to a better place. The furthest thing an intruder wants is to be caught on a video feed as the 30-second clip could be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can install outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to check out the sound you heard outside? Would you want to say hi to the kids when they get home from school? Has a package been delivered yet? All you have to do is to get the clip from your mobile app. You may also get alerts on your smartphone whenever a guest comes on your porch or they detects abnormal motion. You can then chat with visitors with the two-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Get Your Home Security System In Chicago?
Need help in creating a home security system that works in Chicago? Our security professionals can help you choose the best alarms, automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one comprehensive plan. Call today at (312) 319-8662 or complete the form below.